Pothong Gate was built in the mid-6th century as the west gate of central fort of the Walled City of Pyongyang. It is one of the oldest ones of remained gates. It was rebuilt several times. The present one was rebuilt in 1473.
it was built in the mid-6th century as the east gate of inner castle of the Walled City of Pyongyang situated on the hank of River Taedong. The present gate was rebuilt in 1635. It consists of the embankment piled up with exquisite blocks of granite and the gatehouse. An iron chain captured from the US aggressive ship "General Sherman" by Pyongyangites in 1866 hang in the gatehouse.
It was cast in 1726 in Ri dynasty to toll the hour at ordinary times and to warn the foreign invasion. It is 3.1 m in height with its mouth 1.6 m in diameter. It is 12 914 kg in weight. The bell is just a stone's throw away from the Taedong Gate.
It was built in the mid-6th century as the north gate to the inner castle of the Walled City of Pyongyang. It derives its name from the Great Bear. With a legend it has been called as "Gate of Love" and "Gate of Happiness".
It was built in the mid-6th century as the north commanding post and rebuilt in 1714. It is associated with a legend that GeneraJ Ulmil, a son of famous General Ulji Mundok defended this site.
It is in the vicinity of the bell house. As one of the 8 scenic wonders of western part of Korea, it was used as the east commanding post named as Sansu Pavilion. It was rebuilt in 1111 in Koryo dynasty, but burned in the Imjin Patriotic War. Later in 1670 it was restored and renamed as Ryongwang, meaning it has a panoramic view.
It was used as one of the important military establish-ments as the capital's fort in the Koguryo dynasty. It was built in the mid-3rd century linking several peaks. After Koguryo moved its capital to Pyongyang in 427, it was enlarged. The wall measures 9,284 m long and 4-5 m high.
It was built before Koguryo moved its capital to Pyongyang in 427. The present one was restored in September Juche 67 (1978). It is 19.5 m high.
It is nestled at the foot of Mt. Taesong built in 392. It has a rare architectural style with 2-story-looking Taeung Hall. It offers to see; Chonwang Gate, Haethal Gate, living quarters of monks at east and west, five buildings, flagpoles, a record monument and other monuments.
Sungnyong Temple was built in 1492 to hold memorial services for Tangun, founder king of Korea and Ko Ju Mong, founder king of Koguryo. Sungin Temple was built in 1325 at the end of Koryo dynasty. It is one of the oldest buildings in Pyongyang.
It is the mausoleum of Tangun, founder king of Korea situated on the ridge of Mt. Taebak in Munhung-ri, Kangdong County 38 km of the city centre. It was renovated in October Juche 83 (1994). It consists of sections of monument to renovation, stone images of persons and a central part. The section of monument to renovation is divided in the monument of renovation, the monument to repair and gateway columns. The section of stone images combines sons of Tangun and his close subjects on left and right sides. The central part has far more to offer: a granite table, a stone incense burner, stone tigers, a pair of stone posts and a stone tower depicting pipha -shaped dagger, one of the typical weapons of Ancient Korea. Preserved in the burial chamber are the skeletal remains of Tangun and his wife.
It is the tomb of Tongmyong, founder king of Koguryo located in Ryongsan- ri, Ryokpho District 25 km of the city centre. It was moved at present site when Koguryo moved its capital to Pyongyang from Jian, China in 427. It was renovated and enlarged on May 14 Juche 81 (1993) on the occasion of his 2,291st birthday. The square floor has the stylobate with piled up blocks and a mound on it. It is divided in a mausoleum section, Jongnung Temple and tombs of subjects.